A guitar is a guitar, but to make a guitar sound and play to its optimum, requires a setup. Not all guitars are equal but a guitar that has been professionally setup will sound and play as best as it possibly can and can sound well beyond it price tag. Working guitarists Are well aware a well set-up guitar provides a stress free experience and knowledge the guitar will sound as expected.
Generally a setup will require a fret dress to ensure the guitar is in a good state to setup.
A basic setup will cost around £40 (excluding strings) and will include the following:
- The old strings are removed and the electrics are cleaned and checked
- The Fretboard is thoroughly cleaned and Tuning heads are checked and lubricated
- The Tremolo (if present) gets checked and lubricated
- The new strings are fitted and guitar is tuned up
- With the strings in tune, the neck is adjusted to allow relief
- The Nut depth is checked and adjusted if required with precision gauged files/saws
- The Bridge is set and adjusted and the intonation is set
- The action is set, according the the client’s preference
Please call 07837 370 578 for further information or contact us